Before you watch Ms. Hannah show you how to make your own garden pizza, below is the recipe with all the steps and ingredients you’ll need:
For the dough
- 1 cup very warm water
- 1⁄4 tsp dry instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp of sugar or honey
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 3⁄4 tsp salt
- pesto or red sauce
- grated or sliced cheese, like mozzarella
- fresh vegetables like arugula, tomatoes, asparagus, mushrooms, etc.
Make the pizza!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Measure the yeast into a large bowl.
- Measure the warm water and add it to the yeast. Add the sugar or honey. Mix it all together so that the yeast dissolves.Let it sit for 5 minutes until it is foamy.
- Measure the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt and olive oil into the yeast and water. Stir with a fork or wooden spoon until it is all combined.
- Add extra all purpose flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Inside the bowl or on a floured surface, knead the dough until it is smooth and stretchy, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil over the dough and cover the dough in the bowl. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, prepare your toppings! Which vegetables will you add on top?
- After 30 minutes, remove the dough, place it on a floured surface and stretch it out using your hands or a rolling pin, until it makes a thin, round disc, about 14 inches.
- Add your pesto or sauce and toppings, and bake on a nonstick baking pan in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Enjoy!