This is a simple recipe! Make it your own by mixing in your favorite seeds, nuts, spices, and oils. Granola is full of seeds that give our bodies lots of energy and fiber to start our day. Try it with yogurt or milk for a quick and filling breakfast! The recipe below makes about 3 cups.
- 2 cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp salt
- 3-4 TBSP honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil, coconut oil, or vegetable oil
Optional flavors- add all or none:
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP peanut butter or almond butter
Choose up to 1 cup of add-ins:
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Unsweetened coconut
- Ground flaxseeds
- Chia seeds
- Chopped nuts
*Add 1 cup of dried fruit at the end if you like!
- Choose which add-ins you want to put in your granola. When you add up the amounts, it should equal 1 cup. (For example, you could add ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds, ¼ cup of sunflower seeds, and ½ cup of shredded coconut.)
- Put the oats and add-ins in a big bowl. Mix to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the honey and oil in a saucepan until it is warm.
- Add the salt and any other flavor add-ins (cinnamon, vanilla, etc.).
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture.
- Mix up the oats and liquid. Sing the “Mix it” song!
- Once the oats and liquid are all mixed up, pour the mixture onto a baking sheet. Spread the mixture in an even layer.
- Bake the granola in the oven.
- Stir it every 15 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Let cool, then mix in dried fruit.
- Enjoy with yogurt, milk, or even as an ice cream topping!